Friday, August 21, 2009

A Week After It Began

I figure it's been a week since my first post, I might as well let you all know how things are going.

Firstly, this is kind of hard. I never thought a movie a day would be so difficult. Partially because it's a little bit tiring, but also due to the logistics. I have the first 100 DVDs at my disposal - most through Netflix, and about 5 I had to buy online. The problem is this. My Netflix plan allows for 3 DVDs at a time. This means that when I finish a movie one night, the earliest I can get it replaced is two days later. This means I can't have a single day where I don't return it exactly the day after. It also causes a HUGE problem for Sundays with no mail. So, every week I have to have at least one day where I watch two movies to make up for it. Luckily, I did that yesterday... and might just do it again today.

I think if it comes down to it, if this becomes too much of a chore, I'll take away the 500-day limit and just get through the 500 as soon as I can. I really don't want to do that though.. because once I pose myself a challenge, I feel very obligated to take it.

I'm also still unsure about my writing. I feel like I'm using the same words over and over. I think I need to take more time researching the film after I watch it, and get my ass over to thesaurus.com or something. Any comments on my writing is definitely welcome!

And also, when this becomes the next Julia & Julia, I'm pretty certain that it'll be Sean Connery playing me. I've gotta say, though.. this would be a pretty boring movie to watch. Unemployed guy watches TV. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment